Notifications
Clear all

problems with hercules rmx 2 and a macbook pro with 10.11 el capitan

17 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everybody!

i wrote also a post about djuced 40. by the way, i decided to talk about my hercules rmx 2 too.
i have a new macbook pro with the new osx el capitan. i tried to use the console with djuced 40 but i had some problems. just after few seconds, the hearphone made a strong noise, like a white noise, also the volume knob was at the minimum value. has anyone found some problems between rmx and mac osx el capitan?

thanks! 

If you try again, you can reproduce the problem everytime ?

If so, can you precisely describe what you do to get to that point ?

You are using the latest drivers (v5.69) and version of DJUCED40 (v2.0.99)?

Topic starter

Yes I confirm drivers 5.69 and Djuced40 2.0.99.
I tried three times and all the times I had a latency using trackpad on the arrow and that sound similar to white noise on my hearphone.
Today I want to install Traktor 2LE.
How can I install Virual DJ LE? I bought the RMX2 with Traktor, can I use my license also for Virtual DJ?
Maybe problems are on the software with El Capitan...

Topic starter

I tried also the Hercules RMX2 in a pc with O.S. Windows 7. Same problem with hearphone. Just after few seconds. Turning the volume knob, in some place the noise goes away, then it comes back. I suppose it is a RMX2 problem and I will text to Amazon.

Hello Nicky Yellows,

A) Please describe with more detail the conditions of getting this white noise in the headphones.

1) Headphones volume knob
i. When you write the volume knob is at zero, please confirm you mean the rotary knob just on right of the 1/4" headphones output, on DJConsole Rmx2 top panel?
ii. Were you touching or pressing the headphones volume knob at the moment you heard this white noise?

2) Output plug
i. Do you plug your headphones on the 1/4" output on top panel or on front panel?
ii. Is there anything plugged on the 1/4" output plug where the headphones is not plugged?

3) When did you hear this noise
i. Did it happen just while Djuced 40 was booting or at another moment, for example during a mix?
ii. How long does the white noise last?

B) There is no VirtualDJ LE license with DJConsole Rmx2 Premium TR: in this version, Traktor LE replaces VirtualDJ LE.

C) I don't understand "I had a latency using trackpad on the arrow", please be more explicit, which button do you mean, with which setting?

PS: you should complete your profile (My Space>My profile) in:
- checking the box of the DJConsole Rmx2 in "Hercules Equipment In Use",
- checking the box of the DJ software you use, Djuced and Traktor
- describing your Mac configuration in the field "describe your equipment": Mac model and year, CPU, RAM, operating system (is is 10.11 or 10.11.1), DJConsole series drivers.

Topic starter

Hi Nicky Yellows,

it seems that DJUCED got a "lag graphical" issues with some trackpad and El Capitan.

I solved my problem by using an externalmouse...

Source :
http://forum.djuced.com/tech-support/i-m-a-mac-user/m-2856/jerk_problem_since_os_x_el_capitan_update 

Topic starter

Hi Nicky Yellows,

it seems that DJUCED got a "lag graphical" issues with some trackpad and El Capitan.

I solved my problem by using an externalmouse...

Source :
http://forum.djuced.com/tech-support/i-m-a-mac-user/m-2856/jerk_problem_since_os_x_el_capitan_update 

Thanks Victo! By the way, I have now the big problem with hearphone! 🙁

Topic starter

Hello Nicky Yellows,

A) Please describe wit more detail the conditions when you get his white noise in the headphones.

1) Headphones volume knob
i. When you write the volume knob is at zero, please confirm you mean the rotary knob just on right of the 1/4" headphones output, on DJConsole Rmx2 top panel?
ii. Were you touching or pressing the headphones volume knob at the moment you heard this white noise?

2) Output plug
i. Do you plug your headphones on the 1/4" output on top panel or on front panel?
ii. Is there anything plugged on the 1/4" output plug where the headphones is not plugged?

3) When did you hear this noise
i. Did it happen just while Djuced 40 was booting or at another moment, for example during a mix?
ii. How long does the white noise last?

B) There is no VirtualDJ LE license with DJConsole Rmx2 Premium TR: in this version, Traktor LE replaces VirtualDJ LE.

C) I don't understand "I had a latency using trackpad on the arrow", please be more explicit, which button do you mean, with which setting?

PS: you should complete your profile (My Space>My profile) in:
- checking the box of the DJConsole Rmx2 in "Hercules Equipment In Use",
- checking the box of the DJ software you use, Djuced and Traktor
- describing your Mac configuration in the field "describe your equipment": Mac model and year, CPU, RAM, operating system (is is 10.11 or 10.11.1), DJConsole series drivers.

Hi!

A)
1) I confirm it is the volume hearphone knob you said. I didn't do any action when I heard the white noise. I just focus on a fact: turning the volume knob, the volume of the white noise doesn't change. By the way, turning many times, in some positions the noise disappears. It seems like a contact noise for some issues in the circuit.

2) I plug my hearphone on the front panel. Trying on top, I din't hear any noise. But I tested it just for few seconds. But I'd like to solve the problem also the top input jack is ok. I payed for a new product. 🙂
In the other plug there is not anything.

3) It appears while I am mixing. I didn't focus my attention if it will begin when I let a track going on just on one deck. I don't know how long it goes on, because it is very strong and I have to leave my hearphone on. If I unplug and then plug the hearphone, it disappear. Then, just in few seconds, it will be appear again. 

B) Thanks. I read I also had Virtual DJ LE. But it is ok!

C) The problem was analyzed by Victor.

Thanks! 

Hello,

To make sure the white noise is not software related, please check if you hear it also in Traktor LE 2.

Topic starter

It is quite strange it depends by Djuced40. I had the same problem both in Windows 7 and in Mac OSX 10.11.1. I don't know if I can try with Traktor LE 2 because I will ask to Amazon to change my console and I cannot use my licence. Maybe I will try with Traktor Pro 2. 
Is it possible to activate the Traktor Pro 2 demo and then passing to the LE version using the serial code I have?

Thanks! 

Hello,

To test with Traktor Pro 2 demo: you just have to install Traktor Pro 2 which you download from here.
The limit of the demo is that each demo session lasts 30 minutes, so if you usually get the white noise in less that 30 minutes, the test with Traktor Pro is valid, if it takes more than 30 minutes, testing with Traktor Pro 2 is not adequate.

Topic starter

Hello!

Usually it spends about 10-20 seconds to hear the white noise. So I will try before contacting the shop.

Keep in touch, I will write the results.

Thanks

Nick 

Topic starter

Hello everybody. I decided to change my RMX2. I'm waiting for the new one, thanks to Amazon.

Just a question: is it good Traktor LE2 to play music or has it god too limitations? I don't need lots of features, just stability of the system and quality. Thanks to all! 

Traktor LE works really well and is not so limited as the name implies.

If you want to compare the features with Traktor Pro:

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-software/traktor-le-2/comparison-chart/

And don't forget that you can always upgrade if you need more features.

Topic starter

Damn!! It has not any cue point!! Isn't it? So I cannot use the cue to choose where the song starts! It is a problem...

Hello,

Traktor LE lets you choose a Cue in point in the track, but does not save it.
So, once you load a track, you can
- fix a Cue In point with the Cue button (near Play button)
- change the Cue In Point with Shift + Cue
- once a Cue in point is fixed, go back to this point in pressing on Cue.

Topic starter

Thanks Max, you are so kind!

Just a question... I usually play music in fashon show, for example. So I bought the RMX2 not only to become a DJ, but also to have two decks and play music at the right moment. Should I prefer Traktor LE or Virtual DJ LE? Which one is more professional and stable on Mac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitan? Now I have a Traktor LE but I can find Virtual DJ LE with other products. I don't want to use Djuced 40 cause I had some lags with Macbook Pro and I need reliability.

Thanks, have a nice day! 

Hello,

I do not use El Capitan for the moment, I still use Yosemite (El Capitan has changed the drivers for Mac Thunderbolt/USB/FireWire ports, and the drivers have a bad backward compatibility, so unless Apple release an update to correct this mess, I remain on Yosemite).

Prefering VirtualDJ LE or Traktor LE depends on your focus.
VirtualDJ 7 LE has more features (more cue points, more effects, recording ability), more flexibility, and is not as CPU intensive (it is still useable on a very slow computer).
Traktor LE 2 has a better audio quality, its audio effects are finer, its key detection is better.
I don't like VirtualDJ 8 LE: its audio quality is better than VirtualDJ 7 LE, but it is not for me as it does not display iTunes playlists contents.

The best is that you test VDJ and Traktor demo version, to feel what you prefer.

Page 1 / 2