fx unit issues on t...

Notifications
Clear all

fx unit issues on traktor pro 2 for air+ s

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello guys, i own a newly bought dj control aÄ°r +s . i use it with traktor pro 2. i use the mapping for dj control air+ found on hercules support site. everything works fine on the controller except the fx buttons. the loops on the bank 2 work fine, but when i am on bank 1, the fx buttons do not light up. only button number 4 does, but it does not do anything on traktor. i was trying to find an answer for it on youtube, and i saw a guy who had the same issue as me. his loops worked but the fx did not work. so can anyone help me to corretly do the mapping for fx.

also, i can erase the hot cue points while holding shift, but i cannot erase the samples while holding shift ? 

Hello Gratiae,

How to control effects in Traktor Pro with DJControl AirPlus

In Traktor Pro (tested on Traktor Pro release 2.9.0, with the TSI presets here), you must first use your computer mouse to

1) Load 1 effect per slot (as Traktor Pro offers much more than 3 effects, you must choose which effects you load in each slot) => As long as the slothas no effect, the DJControl AirPlus Fx button controlling the slot cannot light on,
2) Set, for each effect, the setting of this effet in the virtual potentiometer over the slot
3) Set, for the rack of 3 effects, the Dry->Wet setting (= how much of the original sound (dry), and how much of the effect (Wet))

Then, once you have prepared the 3 slots in the effect rack on left and in the bank on right, you can control the effects with the controller buttons 1, 2, 3, 4.

Button 4: switches on or off the full bank in assigning the fx bank to the deck or not: You can see in Traktor skin that
- on Left deck, the Fx button 4 sets on or off the full Fx 1 rack on deck A: with Traktor essential mixer display, you see it controls the button labelled 1 (Fx), between the key and the filter
- on Right deck, the Fx button 4 sets on or off the full Fx 2 rack on deck B: with Traktor essential mixer display, you see it controls the button labelled 2 (Fx), between the key and the filter

Buttons 1, 2, 3: they switch on:off the effects loaded on the slots 1, 2 and 3 of the fx racks.

Hello Gratiae,

DJControl AirPlus Shit+Pad controls in Traktor Pro do not erase the samples loaded on the sampler slots 1, 2, 3, but they replace the sample loaded on the sample slot by the sample selected in your browser (library) area.

Actually, the functions related to the samples are multiple for both normal and SHIFT mode (as indicated in the included documentation and Traktor user manual):

Normal: Once loaded, the sample will first be triggered, then if the pad is pressed again, the audio will be muted/unmuted.

SHIFT: The sample will be stopped upon first press, then deleted if pressed again. A third press will load a new sample.

Now since the pad pressure sensitive, you need to disable the Velocity in the DJ Control panel in order for all the functions to be taken into account separately. This is also indicated on Page 1 of the included documentation.  

Topic starter

Guys thanks a lot on the support for the fx settings ! I still did not get how I get to erase the sample on my dj control air+S on Traktor Pro 2 

As explained previously:

a) be sure to apply the configuration setting explained in the Page 1 of the configuration document, step f) to be exact.

b) Once this is done, your pad should work as follow regarding sample (as explained on Page 7)

- If a sample is playing, pressing SHIFT + PAD will stop the sample

- Press a second time SHIFT + PAD to delete  the loaded sample

- Pressing a third time SHIFT + PAD will load a new sample from the list