Notifications
Clear all

help - no sound following win10 upgrade

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi team.

dell all in one (quite old, so no usb3), all working fine on win 8.1 with my hercules rmx, virtual djpro 7. i upgraded to win 10, updated to latest hercules drivers, updated vdj software to v8 (although saw same issue with v7) and the sound no longer works. the hercules device is correctly acting as a controller to vdj software - slides, play/pause etc - but no sound coming out despite trying lots of combinations. no sound on master out or on headphones..

hercules cpl info:
package: 5.hdjs.2015
firmware: 1.1.4.32
driver: 6.2.3.0
midi map: default
dj api: 2.0.28.7
cpl: 2.0.14.4

any advice on things to try ?? is there a way to narrow down the issue ? thanks !

You can start by making sure that it works as a sound device within Windows.

- First, in the DJ Control panel, make sure the audio mode is set to WDM and the volume are set to an appropriate level.

- Next, in the Notification ares (near the clock), right click on Sound icon to open Playback devices

- Choose your current playback device (Should be the Rmx)

- Make a right click and select Test. This should normally play some little chimes sounds in your speakers.

If this works, then please detail your audio configuration in VDJ 8.

If however this doesn't work, then we can look at other possibilities.

Topic starter

Thank you. I tried that last nioght with no success (the volume indicator was green, indicating activity, but no sound coming out). However I didn't set to WDM so let me try that again later.

Thanks Nick

While you do, don't forget to try all of the outputs as well.

The chimes should play in sequence through all channels (1 and 2 then 3 and 4), so you'll be able to verify both RCA and 1/4" jacks, as well as the headphones connectors.

Topic starter

Thanks - tried this but no luck.. Again when I do 'test' on the soundcard in the playback tab of Windows Sounds Devices, the channel 'equaliser' shows activity (green bars go up & down).. But nothing coming out of any output port on Hercules, and not into headphones as well. I tried disabling the on-board soundcard too - just in case - made no difference. Any ideas where to from here ?

Hello,

When you click on the speaker icon in Windows 10 notification area, select Playback devices

In the Playback devices list, make sure the active device is your Speakers Hercules DJ Console Rmx

3) Right-click on it and select Configure speakers: select Quadraphonic

4) In the speaker configuration, make sure all 4 speakers are set as full range.

And finish