4 mx controller not...

Notifications
Clear all

4 mx controller not working properly

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hey guys so i recently bought a used hercules 4 mx and it hasnt worked like it should. whenever i plug it into my laptop the mic on/off button lights up and then after that the only button that will light up when i press it is the mic button. it shows up on vdj so i know it detects the conyrollee there but it doesnt control anything. ive installed the new drivers probably 4 separate times and im not sure what else it could be. 

Did you install the 4-Mx using the latest drivers ?

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=263&cid=1

If so, you can first start by verifying that the controller is correctly installed, as described in this document:

PC:

MAC:

If everything seems alright, then make sure it works as a MIDI controller:

PC:

MAC:

Again, if everything looks ok, then it should be working as well with VDJ. Which version are you using exactly ?

Topic starter

Hey I'm sorry I'm just replying. I'm using the free home version of vdj 8. And I know I can only get 10 minutes but it's still not doing anything for that 10 minutes

So did you confirm that it is installed properly and that it works a MIDI controller outside of VDJ ?

Topic starter

everything is installed properlly but no it was not working as a midi controller. one thing i found online is that my laptop may just not be powerful enough and i may need an external usb port could that be the case? when i tried to test it on midi monitor nothing even showed up on the data moniter page 

Easiest way to know if a powered hub would help is to try one. Try on another computer could also be helpful.

Topic starter

I followed every step as posted by DJ Phatso. My Hercules 4 MX Controller works just fine. Except with one issue. The Volume Controller of the Right Deck is not mapping to Virtual DJ LE software. Max (Top) Volume on the Controller is around 70%-80% of the Software and it fluctuates a bit. Rest every possible thing works fine. Alienware PC Running Windows 10 Contoller Connected with a Powered USB Hub I downloaded Midi Monitor and when I move the knob up and down it shows 127 to 0. Which i think is PASS as working fine. Any ideas on what is that on thing I'm missing? Package: 6.HDJS.2015 Firmware: 1.6.13.16 Driver: 6.8.9.0 Midi Map: Default Virtual DJ version: 7.4.6 LE

Hello Purpleblade,

Indeed, it the volume fader goes from 0 to 127, it covers all the MIDI values, so it seem the hardware of the volume fader does not cause the issue.
Have you checked in C:\Users\YourNameDocuments\VirtualDJ\Mappers to see if there is no mapping there?
Have you tried uninstalling VDJ 7 LE and re-installing it?

Topic starter

uninstalling and then re-installing VDJ 7 LE worked