Notifications
Clear all

firmware?

13 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all,
trying to connect dj control instinct and traktor pro 2 on my windows 7 desktop! im doing everything that instructions docs shows with the updated driver for the console. there are no orange colours on sound and controls in traktor, everything sims to be like the instructions docs but i cant hear sound and my controls are not working at all.
i noticed that when im trying to update the console firmware (pressing files&folder buttons) a window shows up and says that my firmware (4.2.3) is old and needs to be updated. im going ahead and updating the firmware, the update is done but the controler still not working. then im trying again to see if the firmware needs update and the same window shows up and says the same again, that my firmware needs to updated!
any idea?
thanks! 

Any particular reasons why you are trying to force a Firmware update ? This shouldn't be performed unless necessary.

Try simply installing the controller using the latest  drivers and following these instructions:

Once completed, verify if your controller is correctly installed, as indicated in this document:

If everything seems correct:

- please open the DJ Control panel and detail the informations that appear in the ABOUT tab (not that they may differt from the ones that appear in the document above).

- Test the controller as a MIDI controller:

If however you controller does not seem to install properly, please let us know at which step it seems to fail.

Topic starter

Well, i was trying to update the firmware cause i have more than one year to use the console in my desktop. I was using it with the vitrual dj but i prefer Traktor and it seems that i can't use it.
I will follow the below and i will revert with the results.
Thank you for the reply man!

Topic starter

Following the instructions, step by step, everything seems to be ok, once im trying to check the device, im pressing buttons and there is no reaction from the Midi Monitor.
On the console, ABOUT tab :
Package: 4.HDJS.2015
Firmware: 1.0.0.21
Driver : 6.7.3.0
Midi map : Custom
DJ API:2.0.28.2
CPL : 2.0.14.2
Ref: 4780730-18197-01383

So it seems indeed that your device is correctly installed and using the latest Firmware.

When you connect it, do the LED lit up in sequence, then turn off (except for a the Jog pressure LED and function button mode indicator)?

Did you launch MIDI monitor as Administrator ?

The MIDI input and Output are set to use the Instinct ?

Topic starter

I do run the Midi monitor as administrator.
Both Midi input and output are set to instict as per the instructions doc exactly but there are no numbers at all on data monitor tab.

Could you please explain what do you mean by LED lit up in sequence? What should I do?

I mean that when you connect the controller to the USB, all then orange LEDs should turn on, then turn off.

Is that the case ?

Have you tried another USB port, or another computer to see if the behavior is the same ?

Topic starter

Well, once I'm connecting the console, the orange lights are turning on but there are not turned off, they are staying on all the time.
i have total 8 USB ports, I tried all of them but still not working.
I don't have another PC so I can test it unfortunately.. 

If all the LED are staying on, then there is definitely a problem.

Is this a new unit or one you 've had for a while (which worked before) ?

Topic starter

Once I connecting the console, the lights make something like on, off for a while and then on again.
The desktop is the same I was using the console a year ago but with virtual dj. 

So basically you're saying that you've been using the DJ Instinct successfully with VDJ for about a year and that the problem only started when trying to use Traktor ?

Let's try the following:

- From the Run menu (Windows + R), copy the following:

"C:\Program Files\DJHerculesMix\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe" –manual

Then Press Enter, which will launch the Manual Firmware updater.

- Connect the controller to the USB while holding Files & Folder.

- At some point, for Audio Firmware, a 0 should appear under Current. (You can now release the buttons)

- Click on Open Audio... and find the firmware file Instinct_LMS3.dja, then Open to load it.

- 21 should appear under Available. If this is the case, proceed to checking the box under Flash, then press Update! 

- Once the process is completed, close the updater, disconnect and reconnect the Instinct.

Let me know if a) the LED behave normally, and b) if it now works in MIDI

Topic starter

I was using the console without problems with VDJ a year ago.
During the last year I had no time to use it.
Now, I'm trying to use traktor instead VDJ and I have these problems.
I will follow your instructions and revert with the results.
thanks again for your time looking into this mate!! 

Topic starter

The current was 0 as you said. Following the update, now it shows current 21, available 21.
Then, i disconnect and connect again the console, the midi monitor still not working and the orange lights are still on.

Then it might be best to contact Technical Support and see how you can arrange to obtain a replacement unit.