Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx2 sound issues

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello community.

i have my computer hooked up to my tv, via hdmi. over the holidays i purchased a sonos sound bar and now that i tried hooking up the rmx 2 there are sound issues. i have rcas in output 1-2 going into my tvs rca inputs.

i am using traktor and i do have everything updated.  so here is the issue. i either get sound just from the headphones off the rmx 2 or i get sound only from the sound bar, not both. 

i i hope this thread was clear and that someone can help.

thanks in advance .
ange. 

The document included with the MIDI mapping files explains how to configure Traktor to work with the audio interface of the Rmx2:

Topic starter

I did everything for that and I still have the same problem. If I change the audio device to Dj Console Rmx2 Asio I can only hear music through the headphones and not the tv and soundbar. If I change it to tv I only hear music through the tv and soundbar not both.

If I change the audio device to Dj Console Rmx2 Asio I can only hear music through the headphones and not the tv and soundbar.

While doing this, did you also modify the TV audio input selection so that the RCA input (to which you've connected the output of the Rmx2), is being used, instead of the HDMI audio, ?

If not, it's perfectly normal that you can't hear what is coming out of the Rmx2.

Topic starter

ok so I looked at the back of the tv and where the rca outputs are they are only used for the component video and not as a regular output for the tv. the only outpour it has for sound is regular headphone jack.

even though I use the headphone jack to rca input on the rmx2 still nothing. I think I may just have to bite the bullet and purchase monitor speakers if I want to use the rmx2.

Topic starter

ok so I just got in contact with Traktor and the rep told me :

Sonos is a closed system in where we cannot support audio configurations with
Traktor. Sonos uses their own algorithm and system to create their audio
preferences.

Unfortunately, due to these restrictions, we cannot provide support for your
issue.

Hello Ange,

1) Please let us know the complete name and reference of
- your TV set
- and your Sonos sound bar (is it this Playbar?),
and precise how the Sonos sound bar is connected to your TV set.

2) If your TV has a 1/8" jack plug, I doubt it is an audio input, I think it is an output for headphones.