Notifications
Clear all

studio monitors buzzing sound / dj control instinct

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello everyone,
when i plug my studio monitor directly into my hercules dj control instinct console, i hear a quite loud buzzing sound. i tried connecting the monitors directly to my pc and there is no buzzing noise. when i unplug my monitors from the console and put them back to the pc or to another external audio driver, the noise stops.
im using the last version of djuced, how can i fix this problem?
i found some topics about my same problem, but they didnt fix the problem...
thanks, alex

Hello Vanguri,

1) It looks like a saturation issue: please open DJControl Instinct control panel and reduce the volume on output channel 1-2.

2) If you still get this noise, please try connecting Studio Monitors in the other output: 1/8" jack instead of dual or vice versa: do you get the same noise?

3) Please complete your profile here as getting an efficient technical help on a forum requires that you describe your computer technical configuration so in:
  - Hercules equipment in use: check the name DJControl Instinct in the list,
  - Software in use: check your DJ software,
  - Describe your equipment: precise your computer brand and model, CPU, RAM, operating system (for example is it Windows 8.1 32-bit or 64-bit), precise your DJConsole driver package, and your release of your DJ software, and as you have an issue with monitors, precise the brand, and model of monitors.

Topic starter

I tried connecting studio monitors in the other output, and I get exactly the same result.
I completed my profile with the hercules dj control instinct details.
I also add monitors and pc details:
Monitors:
Sound Sation Clarity 5A active 2 way studio monitors

PC:
Windows 7 64-bit
msi Military Class mainboard Z68A-GD80
16GB RAM
Intelcore i-7

Thanks

Hello,

1) Please confirm if you also hear a buzzing in your headphones (when connecting your headphones to DJControl Instinct headphones output).

2) I see in your profile you have an old driver package (6_HDJS_2012).
Can you install the last driver package (2014_HDJS_1)?
I wonder if you have an old Djuced 18 release: can you install the last version, Djuced 18 1.0.97?

3) If you have at home a USB hub with a power adapter, can you try connecting the USB hub to the computer and DJControl Instinct to the hub? Do you still hear the buzzing sound?

Topic starter

Sounds like you have a ground loop problem.

Simple solution is buy a ground loop isolator and connect it between the unit and you amp.

If your running a laptop you can test if it is this problem by disconnectiong your laptops power supply (run on battery) you should notice the buzz goes.

Ground  loop isolators cost under £10.

Hope this helps 

Hello Essential,

I doubt it is a ground loop issue as Vanguri has no noise when connecting the speakers directly to the computer, and if the Instinct is powered by the USB port of the computer, it has the same ground as the computer.

Topic starter
I had this problem. The loop between the ground of USB, and the ground of the P2 or RCA plug is amplified more than designed by Hercules. You solving the problem of the usb grounding connection, that noise will be greatly diminished. I use a desktop (on my notebook not occur), so I switched the front USB port from the rear, onboard. Another measure is that it is no use fancy p2 cables, for the Instinct Control, in the case, finner is better.