hercules dj console rmx problems

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello

ive got an hercules dj console rmx, connected to my macbook pro 15 2013

the rmx console just keep blinking with blue lights, nothing else happens

i bought a usb powered hub cause i thought maybe that was the problem, but stil no effect

i reinstalled the drivers again already a couple of times

anyone any solutions

regards twan 

Hello,

Is your operating system Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?
Have you USB 3 ports on your computer?

Topic starter

Hey,
Operating system is windows 8.1
I believe the USB ports are USB 3 yes.
I have read that using a USB port and a fresh usb cable may fix this, do you think this is a good idea?
Thankyou for your reply 

Hello,

Windows 8.1 has meet many detection issues on USB 3.0 host using Intel USB chipset.

Please check if you have a Intel USB 3.0 host (or intel xHCI = eXtensible Host Controller Interface).
You can check it in Windows Control Panel > System > Device Manager, when you develop the Universal Serial Bus controllers, you will see if you have an Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.

If you have an Intel USB 3.0 host, you must update the firmware integrated in DJ Console Rmx.

1) If you have access to another computer in Mac OS of Windows, the simpler would be:
   - your install DJ Console Rmx last driver package (2014_HDJS_1) on the other computer,
   - you connect your Rmx to this other computer,
   - this other computer flashes DJ Console Rmx firmware (it updates the firmware to release v32),
   - after the Rmx firmware has been updated on this second computer, you can use your Rmx on the first computer, it will now be properly detected on your computer, in spite of Windows 8.1.

2) If you have no other computer, you must
- reboot your computer,
- press F2 just after the boot to go to the computer bios options,
- in the computer bios, disable the USB 3 / xHCI to set your USB host in USB 2.0
- save the bios, exit, boot the computer
- then in Windows, Hercules drivers will detect the Rmx controller, and update DJConsole Rmx firmware.
- reboot your computer,
- press F2 just after the boot to go to the computer bios options,
- in the computer bios, enable the USB 3 / xHCI to restore your USB host in USB 3.0
- save the bios, exit, boot the computer
- your DJ Console Rmx now woks in Windows 8.1.