hercules rmx usb de...

Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx usb device not recognised (unkown device)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, 

ive tried numerous times speaking to technical support (phone) to solve my rmx console issue. ive not used it that much so when i went to use it a few weeks back it said i needed to update the driver and then the firmware. reason it did this is because i swapped my old macbook pro for a new one. so installed the new drivers via the website and followed all instructions. when i plugged the console in i get blue flashing lights. ive tried a manual firmware update but nothing gets recognised. ive even tried pressing mic on/off and also up, left and right buttons at the same time (another way of trying to reset).

i did find the console easy to use, but now it wont even load. why did you have to update drivers and firmware??? the console is now out of warranty and technical support said there is nothing they can do.

where does this leave me? 

Topic starter

I would take a step back and start at the beginning by uninstalling  the HDJS_2014 software and reinstall it with your panel disconnected.
Connect the unit only when asked to do so.What errors are displayed?
Have you also tried loading the software on a different PC (as above) ...just to try and determine if the fault is on your PC side or on your Hercules panel side.

Hello pocketdynamo,

You have posted 2 messages explaining you meet a problem, but you have not mentionned
- what are your computers,
- what is the operating system on each of these computers,
- what the control panel of the Rmx says in the "About" tab on each of these computers,
- if you get an error message, and then what is the precise text of this error message.

Neither the forum users, nor Hercules hot line see your computer, so if you don't provide the complete information on your computer system, the connection between the DJ controller and the computer, and what you see on your computer screen, nobody may be able to help you.
If you don't understand that if you provide not enough technical information, remote users cannot help you because you don't share the necessary information, then you should let a friend of yours who understands computing post technical messages on the forum or call the hot line support team.