SUBJECTS >FORUM UK/US> HARDWARE > [SOLVED] DJ Control MP3 e2 incompatible with USB 3.0? Please help!!
Back to the topics REPLY

[SOLVED] DJ Control MP3 e2 incompatible with USB 3.0? Please help!!

triswarwick

5 Messages
Posted on 08/21/12 at 18:06:06
UK
I've just got a new laptop (asus n56vm) which only has usb 3.0 ports and i've been trying for ages to get my MP3 e2 working with traktor with no success.

I have a desktop pc with the same build of Traktor (2.0.1) for which my controller works on so I know it is not an issue with the controller. Also, both the laptop and the pc have the same build of windows (windows 7 x64). 

On my laptop Traktor picks up that my controller is plugged in and displays that it is connected, however it does not register any input.

I have also tried using Midi Monitor to test my controller but it seems it is not compatible with my high resolution display as I cannot see some of the GUI inside the program box (it isn't resizable). However when I think I managed to use Midi Monitor correctly the data monitor section displayed nothing and didn't change when I presssed buttons on my controllers. On my desktop Midi Monitor displayed feedback to me pressing buttons.

I have the latest intel usb 3.0 drivers and the only noticeable difference I can see between my working desktop setup and my laptop setup is that the former has usb 2.0 sockets and the latter has usb 3.0

Has anyone else had similar problems using the mp3 e2 with usb 3.0 or know of a fix or workaround?  

triswarwick

5 Messages
Posted on 09/04/12 at 04:13:01
UK
Anyone?! 

DJ Phatso

4095 Messages
Posted on 09/04/12 at 13:15:21
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Starlight
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • Universal DJ
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • Ableton Live®
There are indeed potential issues with some USB 3.0 controllers which we are currently looking into.

One workaround that can be used to temporarily help the issue is to use a powered USB hub to connect your console to the computer.

Let us know if it works in your case.

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

trigg3r

4 Messages
Posted on 09/11/12 at 22:10:16
Germany
I have the same problem here with the Hercules Dj Controller mp3 e2 and my new laptop that only supports USB 3.0. The USB-hub (powered and not powered) workarround is also not working.

It gets detected by windows 7 (64 bit Home Premium) but no DJ Software can handle the controller (I tried Traktor and Deckadance). The Controller works fine on my PC and on my old laptop. 

DJ Phatso

4095 Messages
Posted on 09/12/12 at 13:06:01
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Starlight
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • Universal DJ
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • Ableton Live®
What is the model/maker of this laptop ?

Did you verify on the manufacturer's web site for potential Driver/BIOS updates for this computer?

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

trigg3r

4 Messages
Posted on 09/12/12 at 14:44:03
Germany
The laptop with the USB 3.0-problem is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430 N3B3EGE 33643EG. I installed the newest drivers and updates and used the driver from the official hercules website.

When i have time i will do some more tests, reinstall the driver and check the traktor settings.

Many thanks in advance for your support. ^^

trigg3r

4 Messages
Posted on 09/16/12 at 16:19:35
Germany
I also tried the MP3 e2 with a Samsung Serie 7 700Z5A S01 Laptop. It worked on the USB 2.0 ports but not on the 3.0 ones.

The thing is that my Laptop only have USB 3.0 Ports, is there no solution for this Problem?

Maxdjack

2307 Messages
Posted on 09/17/12 at 15:20:49
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • DJay Pro®
  • MixVibes Cross®
Hello Trigg3r,

1) Have you updated your ThinkPad Edge S430 with the USB 3 driver you can find here?
You can find here the USB 3 driver 1.0.4.220, released in June for Windows 7 with Intel USB 3 controller on Thinkpad Edge S430.
You can find here the last USB3 driver 1.0.5.235 from Intel which was released in July.

2) Have you updated your laptop Samsung 700Z5A with the USB 3 driver you can find here?
You can find here the USB3 driver 1.14.3.0 (file USB3.0_1.14.3.0.zip) drivers for Asmedia released in January 2012 in the drivers section.
You can find here the USB3 drivers 1.16.3.0 drivers for Asmedia released in September 2012.

More on Hercules DJ Mix Room:
https://www.facebook.com/HerculesDJMixRoom/
https://twitter.com/HerculesDjMix
https://www.instagram.com/hercules_djmixroom/  

triswarwick

5 Messages
Posted on 09/19/12 at 17:49:11
UK
hello maxdjack, while i've tried updating my usb3.0 drivers on my asus n56vm, i'm not sure that i installed the correct ones...
Could you please point me to the right driver for my laptop?

thanks 

DJ Phatso

4095 Messages
Posted on 09/19/12 at 17:55:32
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 200
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • DJControl Starlight
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • Universal DJ
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • Ableton Live®
You should find it on this page under USB ( V1.0.4.225):

http://uk.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N56VM/#download

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

trigg3r

4 Messages
Posted on 09/20/12 at 15:25:21
Germany
Thank you for your detailed help maxdjack, but the controller is still not working with my usb 3.0 ports although i installed the newest drivers.
Is the DJ Control MP3 e2 working with any other "only USB 3.0"-Laptop?

€dit: It works fine if you just uninstall the USB 3.0 driver. Thats not the best solution but it is a solution :P