Notifications
Clear all

trouble in mac paradise

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

dear fellow djs,
i use a mac power book g4 1.76mgh, 1.5g ram running traktor 3.4.0.210. using my rmx console i get the occassional dropout and faint static.  i even tried to uss the rmx only as a midi controller with another sound card and still have the same problem.  i have turn off every possible thing in my mac and optimize it according to ni and hercules.  is any experencing the same?  does any one have any ideas?  could any tell me about their setup if your using traktor 3.
p.s. i tried to change the latency to every option and still no change.

thanks community. 

2 Answers

My first concern would  be that your are pretty close to the minimum system requirements. With all the features and changes they keep adding, it's possible it might be more demanding on the system than the original Traktor 3.0. The fact that you have the same problem whether or not the Rmx is used as a soundcard seem to point to that.

I guess you've tried different USB ports on your computers and such ?

2 Answers

Hello Jay,

Can you try to connect the DJ Console Rmx to your PowerBook through a powered USB hub?
In case the issue you meet is due to fluctuations of power supply on the USB port, interconnecting a powered USB hub would solve the problem.

2 Answers
Topic starter

my first concern would  be that your are pretty close to the minimum system requirements. with all the features and changes they keep adding, its possible it might be more demanding on the system than the original traktor 3.0. the fact that you have the same problem whether or not the rmx is used as a soundcard seem to point to that.

i guess youve tried different usb ports on your computers and such ?

Topic starter

hello jay,

can you try to connect the dj console rmx to your powerbook through a powered usb hub?
in case the issue you meet is due to fluctuations of power supply on the usb port, interconnecting a powered usb hub would solve the problem.