SUBJECTS >FORUM UK/US> GENERAL DISCUSSION > Soundcloud?
Back to the topics REPLY

Soundcloud?

DJ MTK

4 Messages
Posted on 12/04/16 at 00:07:31
USA
Can I upload songs on my tablet app from Soundcloud?

User Experience Team

809 Messages
Posted on 12/05/16 at 15:13:56
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello,

As you write "upload songs ... from Soundcloud", I do not know whether you want to download songs from Soundcloud or to upload songs to soundcloud.

1) Download songs from Soundcloud on your android tablet
- Soundcloud is a streaming service, so legally the tracks can be played only as a streaming in a client software, not in a DJ software.
- Soundcloud Pro is the streaming service which lets you download tracks which can be played offline, but is still does not support a DJ software.
- To play tracks coming from Soundcloud in a DJ software, you would have to convert them in MP3: the ways to do it are not legal as they do not respect Soundcloud terms of use.

2) Upload your music to Soundcloud on your Android tablet
- Soundcloud has restricted the way to upload tracks to Soundcloud from an Android tab to the microphone only:
http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/EN/portal/articles/2110298-recordi ng-with-the-android-app-?b_id=9644
So if you want to upload a track to Soundcloud with your tablet, the only way is to record in live your music on the microphone built in your tablet. It is possible, but it does not sound the way to make the best sound.

3) Mix the music in the DJ software of your computer with a streaming from Soundcloud played on your Android tablet
That is the only way to mix streamings from Soundcloud in Djuced:
- you connect the headphones output of your tablet in the Aux In of your Universal DJ, with a 1/8" jack (3.5mm stereo) to dual RCA cable

- you run a Soundcloud player in your tablet, as SoundCloud Music Player
- In Djuced 40, go in Settings > Audio
  • Select DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ ASIO (ASIO) as audio device
  • Set Output 1&2 as Master, set Output 3&4 as Headphones
  • Activate the inputs with: Deck A as Input 1&2 and Deck B as Input 3&4
  • Click on OK

- Now, you can mix your computer tracks in Djuced 40, and play your streaming on your tablet
- If you want to mix a streaming from MixCloud, click on Djuced 40 deck letter (Blue A or Red B) to chose which deck you replace by the streaming, and select "External source"

- Now, you Control the mix of the mic on Universal DJ with the crossfader, volume fader, treble, medium, bass, and preview,
- you can add some effects (reverb, flanger, filter) on the music playback with Universal DJ
- and on your tablet, you control the Play of the streaming, but you  cannot control the playback (play, Hot cue, or pitch fader, or loop on Universal DJ).

yuri12

2 Messages
Posted on 04/29/17 at 04:30:05
Peru
Hello,

As you write "upload songs ... from Soundcloud", I do not know whether you want to download songs from Soundcloud or to upload songs to soundcloud.

1) Download songs from Soundcloud on your android tablet
- Soundcloud is a streaming service, so legally the tracks can be played only as a streaming in a client software, not in a DJ software.
- Soundcloud Pro is the streaming service which lets you download tracks which can be played offline, but is still does not support a DJ software.
- To play tracks coming from Soundcloud in a DJ software, you would have to convert them in MP3: the ways to do it are not legal as they do not respect Soundcloud terms of use.

2) Upload your music to Soundcloud on your Android tablet
- Soundcloud has restricted the way to upload tracks to Soundcloud from an Android tab to the microphone only:
http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/EN/portal/articles/2110298-recordi ng-with-the-android-app-?b_id=9644
So if you want to upload a track to Soundcloud with your tablet, the only way is to record in live your music on the microphone built in your tablet. It is possible, but it does not sound the way to make the best sound.

3) Mix the music in the DJ software of your computer with a streaming from Soundcloud played on your Android tablet
That is the only way to mix streamings from Soundcloud in Djuced:
- you connect the headphones output of your tablet in the Aux In of your Universal DJ, with a 1/8" jack (3.5mm stereo) to dual RCA cable

- you run a Soundcloud player in your tablet, as SoundCloud Music Player
- In Djuced 40, go in Settings > Audio
  • Select DJHERCULESMIX Universal DJ ASIO (ASIO) as audio device
  • Set Output 1&2 as Master, set Output 3&4 as Headphones
  • Activate the inputs with: Deck A as Input 1&2 and Deck B as Input 3&4
  • Click on OK

- Now, you can mix your computer tracks in Djuced 40, and play your streaming on your tablet
- If you want to mix a streaming from MixCloud, click on Djuced 40 deck letter (Blue A or Red B) to chose which deck you replace by the streaming, and select "External source"

- Now, you Control the mix of the mic on Universal DJ with the crossfader, volume fader, treble, medium, bass, and preview,
- you can add some effects (reverb, flanger, filter) on the music playback with Universal DJ
- and on your tablet, you control the Play of the streaming, but you  cannot control the playback (play, Hot cue, or pitch fader, or loop on Universal DJ).

hudson8

1 Messages
Posted on 11/13/17 at 05:33:42
USA
Thanks for your quick response! It works!

Antoncooley

3 Messages
Posted on 12/28/18 at 11:18:19
USA
I want to ask that how can i download my own song from soundcloud any solution?

DavidYSiler

3 Messages
Posted on 12/29/18 at 08:50:19
UK
Do you know how to use public API?

User Experience Team

809 Messages
Posted on 01/09/19 at 10:33:49
Canada
  • DJControl Inpulse 300
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello,

Djuced do not support Soundcloud yet. It is planned, but not finalized yet.

donaldcassey

1 Messages
Posted on 01/13/19 at 06:51:01
USA
So I want to know how to download SoundCloud account music, but I think the user has disabled the "download song" facility, which makes it difficult for me to get music. I have tried scdownloader.online also and it worked.