Notifications
Clear all

hercules dj air error 0x00400021

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello guys,

i have a used dj air controler and im trying to install it, but it keeps giving me the same firmaware update error : 0x00400021.
i tried all the posible solutions i have found (not so many tho) with no results. i also found here a solution here from "dagnu" but its very difficult and i dont understand why its so difficult to make a simple firmware update.
i use 2 laptops one with win 7 and the second with win 8, both same issue.

if anyone can help please reply cause the other way is the trash..

a.k

Hello,
1) Please detail the solutions you have tried:
- writing "I tried all the possible solutions i have found (not so many tho) with no results" may dissuade anybody from answering on the forum, since it means nobody must propose you any solution, because you may have already tested it, but we cannot know what you have tried.
2) On the Windows 7 PC (which PC, which Windows: Windows 7 64-bit Service pack 1, or the horrible Windows 7 32-bit):
- Did you install Hercules drivers 2018_HDJS_1?
- Have you a direct USB port, or a USB port on a USB hub powered by a power adaptor?
- Can you disconnect the PC from the internet, unplug the DJ Control Air, reboot the computer, make sure no program is running, press down the keys Folder and Files on DJ Control Air, keep them pressed down while connecting to the computer USB port, wait 5 seconds and release the keys, then the Firmware updater automatically start, go throught the process and see if that works.
If it does not work, post a screenshot of the error message.
Topic starter

Ok, let's begin..
Lenovo 6530b win7 64 ultimate SP1 4Gb ram
Toshiba Satellite c55b-5302, win8 SP1 4Gb ram
I use a direct USB port, but from what I read about this error no powered hub have solved the error. I tried the Folder & files press method but nothing opened in my screen, so I tried the "run" method I found from you. I opened the run program, typed this Path C:\Program Files\DJHERCULESMIX\Audio\DJ Console Series\firmware\HDJSeriesUpdater.exe"-manual
I saw the 23 number I did flash the firmware but still the same error came back. I Uninstall the 2018 hdjs 1, disable connection, disable all USB devices disable firewall, reinstall the drivers, did the manual updater, still the same error. The only way I didnt try is with Jtag cause I don't know what it is. 
I will try once more today.. 

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate! 
A. K

Topic starter

Hello there again
Nothing happend, the same problem as before. 
About Jtag, how can I use it to flash the devise??? 

Topic starter

Thank you for the instructions. It helped solve my problem
addicting games