jogwheel momentum i...

Notifications
Clear all

jogwheel momentum in hercules dj control compact

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi, first post here, i currently use a modular set-up consisting of two behringer bcr2000 and two novation launchpad s. i would lke to have a couple of small jogwheels to complete my set-up, and im considering either the behringer cmd micro or the hercules dj control compact.

the dj control compact is more attractive to me because it has larger jogwheels, which is the main thing i am interested in. my question is, do these jogwheels have mass (and therefore momentum) or are they very light? in other words, if i give the jogwheel a fast spin, will the jogwheel continue spinning by itself for a few seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds) or will it stop immediately? what im trying to achieve is the backspin effect described here:

http://www.djingtips.com/skills/backspins-stops-power-offs

thanks!

Hi Scoox,

Welcome on DJ Mix Room.
DJControl Compact jog wheels weight is medium (not ultra light, not very heavy, but with some inertia): in a backspin, they turn alone for a complete rotation before stopping (1.5 to 2 seconds, in my opinion).

Do you want to do just backspin (which is OK on small wheels) or real scratching (which requires larger jog wheels)?
Which software do you plan to use: Live, VirtualDJ, Traktor or other software?

If you finish your set-up, make it work, and post photos on your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account, please let us know.

Topic starter

Thanks for getting back, I use Traktor Pro which came with my NI sound card, and I just want to do backspins, no scratching. My only worry is that the backspin might stop too soon. 2 seconds sounds reasonable for a controller this size. Waiting for your feedback. I would love to see a video of this in action, that would be the easiest way to demonstrate the product. I don't know if you would be able to upload something on youtube perhaps, if you have one of these around?

Hello,

Please confirm if you can see a Youtube video (I ask it as the access to youtube is difficult in China)?