Notifications
Clear all

distorted sound after using effects on my rmx 2

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
hi guys!

when i start djuced, the sound is good. then i select an effect and increase the intensity of the effect and dry/wet with the rotary knob until i hear the sound distort, when i stop the effect with the squared pad, the effect stops but i can still hear the distortion..

the problem seems to related to the dry/wet level, when no effect is selected but the dry/wet level is still +50% the sound gets distorted. the sounds get even more worse when i set the deck b dry/wet level above 50% (even when this deck is not playing!)

this does not always happens immediately but takes some time and switching between effects / loops.. 

i think it is more related to the rmx 2 console then the software, i have this problem on my pc: fujitsu p400 (i5 processor, windows 7 ultimate 64bit and ssd drive), on my notebook: 
toshiba tecra (windows 7, t7200 and 4gb) and today i recieved a brandnew apple mac mini (i5, 4gb) same problem!

all the drivers and software are up-to-date, tried all kind of solutions from this website but nothing seems to help.

i hope someone can help me!

thanks!

vince (im dutch)

Topic starter
  1. i have the same problem ! i thought it maybe the channels where too loud or something~.....
Topic starter

Hi Mark,

I think we are both Dutch but better keep this conversation in Enlish so more people understand what we are talking about..

The distortion sounds like the output of the signal is to high but lowering the gain does not help.

Is this forum monitored bij Hercules support or should i get in touch with them some other way? 

Does this problem occur only when using effects?

Do you get the same sort of issue when using Virtual DJ for example ?

If you do, then we could maybe forsee a potential hardware issue.

If not, then it would mean the problem is isolated to DJUCED, and I'm sure the developpers would appreciate your input on their forum:

http://www.djuced.com/djuced/

Topic starter
My RMX 2 is also suffering from the same distortion... Using djuced 40 on a Lenovo Laptop T420 8GB RAM Intel Core i5 processor. Audio is set to ASIO. I find the distortion is in the powered speakers (output channel 1 and 2) and also through the headphones (output channels 3 and 4.)
The problem most definitely stems from the Wet/Dry control:
Minimum setting = no distortion
Medium setting = worst distortion (13 clicks on the rotary knob)
Maximum setting = no distortion (25 clicks on the rotary knob)
So as the setting on the Dry/Wet is either increased or decreased away from the medium setting the distortion reduces…
Playing with sample rate does not make any difference. The recording output on the WAV files also becomes distorted. Tried ajusting the ASIO buffer size and again no joy.
Did anyone resolve this?
Thank you!
Topic starter

SOLVED!

I finally found what the problem was! It was a faulty (or wrong) USB cable! I don't know if this cable came with the RMX 2..

I  replaced the cable with a thicker (better) USB cable.. 

Topic starter

I thought i solved it but no..  I give up!

Hello DaVinnie,

Did you get this distorsion only in Djuced 40, and not in VirtualDJ, or did you get it both in VDJ and Djuced 40?

Topic starter

I am having the same issue as many of you are having and I have read many of these post and NO ONE has offered an soliyion or an explanation. This sucks I should be excited about playing shows instead of worried ,y Hercules is gonna mess up and I cant hear the headphones.some please help I have a show coming up and I NEED this to work

Hi Diablosyndrome,

1) I have answered to your post on https://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/029453/
Please post a reply there.

2) No one may provide a solution or an explanation to an issue which is not described in detail.