Clear all

hercules inpulse 500 - no sampler

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
goodmorning everyone,
i recently bought an inpulse 500.
in the meantime, congratulations to hercules who have been able to make an excellent product at a reasonable price.
for me, who am a beginner of almost 60 years, but just for fun, i installed the console with positive results. everything works and is connected to laptop with djuced, master output
 to an ht system, headphones.
i have already understood many functions (which are not few) and i have acquired the first knowledge on the mixing console.
i have a little problem though. that is, the samplers are not active. the keypad works on everything except samplers. when i select the samplers the keypad is turned off.
did i get some settings wrong?
in a review of the console it is said that samplers are always available.
thanks for your help.
Topic starter

Hi!

If no samples are loaded, there's nothing to play. You can either create samples by creating a loop and assign it to a button or load a sample pack - you can find quite some here. In the other topic I've linked the video course and that's the exact lesson where using the sampler is taught.

Hello Ninosan,

Thanks and welcome in the forum.

1) To use Djuced sampler:
- On the top left of Djuced screen, select the display mode "2Decks Horizontal + 2 Samplers"
- in Djuced.com, download additionnal sample packs from  https://www.djuced.com/sample-packs/
- load the sample packs in Djuced, either in double clicking on the .djz files in Windows/macOS, or run Djuced and load the sample packs in Djuced as you would do with audio tracks.

2) To get training in Djuced, click on the icon with a graduation hat on the right side of djuced audio library, you arrive in DJ academy with lessons on Djung. With DJControl Inpulse 500, click on "04-Challenge: Mix in 7 days", and you get access to DJ Coach Hapa 20 lessons on Djing with Djuced & Inpulse 500 to learn the basics of DJing in 7 days.

Topic starter

Perfect, thank you very much, I solved ... {#emotions_dlg.cool}

Topic starter
I am preparing two custom sets to then load on the console.
However, the procedure for loading several sets is quite cumbersome.
Let's imagine that I'm playing, I have to leave the library explorer, look for the sets, load them into the console, then go back to the library where I left it.
Isn't there a faster way to load sets without leaving the music library?
Topic starter

Not sure if I follow you properly... Do you load the songs from different folders?

Here's how I do (not necessary the best workflow, but it's adequate for me for now):
I have organised my music into different folders based on main genre (like EDM, rock-punk, pop-disco, etc). If I want to improvise, I'm still in the same folder and can look for music in the same genre. However usually when I assemble a set I create a playlist and put all the tracks I'd like to mix into it, set the order, try out transitions, and then record it. When I create the playlist, I use the mouse (sometimes I don't even hook up my controller, since it's all about figuring out what should come after what), and when it's performance time, the browsing knob and the two load buttons are perfect for quick loading. And for safety measures I have disabled loading tracks to the deck being used in Djuced settings.

If that's not what you meant, could you explain it a bit deeper?

Topic starter
it is obvious that I have explained myself badly, sorry.
when I talk about sets, I mean sampler sets.
Topic starter

Samples are completely different animals... Smile
So in that case may I recommend refering to this page? It explains quite well how to use the sampler. But if you still have questions, feel free to ask.
(Maybe it's just me but I think samples are rarely created on-the-fly, they are usually premade for the actual set. However I can imagine someone with fast hands and well-developed skills can do magic live.)