new djuced crashes!

Notifications
Clear all

new djuced crashes!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just installed new djuced and it crashes as i try to toggle the audio output settings.
very disappointed, it seems that the new release was not debugged and tested enough...

Hello Luca,

Sorry for you.
On my side the new Djuced works well, so if you want it to work great on you computer, please provide information helping to reproduce your problem:
1- describe your computer: version of macOS or Windows, RAM,
2- describe your DJ controller: what is the DJ controller,  what is its audio mode (ASIO or WDM), driver version and sampling rate
3- describe your process: when you try to toggle the audio output settings, have you first stopped the audio playback first? What is your audio output before you toggle and what do you want to set.

Topic starter

Hello,1

1- hp elitebook 820, OS WIndows 7 Pro SP1, RAM 4GB (2.92 available with DJUCED up and running), CPU Intel i5-4200U @1.6 GHz

2- DJUCED running in DEMO MODE, audio mode set to HEADPHONES (IDT High Definition Codec) (WASAPI). Master signal is not being sent to PC speakers (related option not toggled)

3- crash happens with no audio playback ongoing upon toggling from "SPEAKERS/HEADPHONES (IDT codec) (WASAPI)" to "HEADPHONES (IDT High Definition Codec) (WASAPI)" and it is not systematic. In particular, crashes were observed only with headphones plugged in.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

I wonder if the crash on your computer is caused by a double IDT driver for 1 single device: if "IDT High defintion codec" and "IDT Codec" are 2 drivers for the same hardware, then toggling between them can make the device disabled / enabled and cause drive to audio crashes if the device is activated according to the software menu but still not really activated in the DJ software.
https://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/309292-idt-high-definition-audio-codec-crash.html

If you can use a USB audio device, whether it is a DJ controller, a USB sound card or USB headphones, can you check if you also get crashes if you toggle between this USB audio device and the "IDT High Definition codec"?