Clear all

edit latency in traktor

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello there, 
i am using universal dj with traktor 2.11 and windows 10 os
it was working good at home but crashed at the first track in the party. (happend again at second try).
i have been told to change the latency from 256 to 512 in hercules universal dj control pannal. 
after doing that i have checked the latency in traktor and it shows 1024 and wont change.

so is that ok?
do you have any idea why it was crashing?
keep is on 512 at universal dj control panal?

thank you!!

Take a look at the following help document from our Support site:

It explains in details how ASIO works and how you should makes changes to obtain the best configuration for your computer.

While you are at it, also check out this document, which explains how to optimize your computer for DJ applications:

Topic starter

Thank you!
Using universal DJ on PC.

I have carefully looked into the document you have posted, BUT, as i wrote before it is not possibule to chang the latency in tracktor, not even if I change it in helcules control pannal.  It looks like the communication between the program and the controler is not the best and causes some instabilities issues. Could it  be that your driver is still not the best for working with traktor on PC? 
I have recently switched to ASIO4ALL driver and this looks like it is more stable, Any insites about that?
Thank you!

Hello Zirkin,

Indeed, I have done the same test as you, setting Universal DJ ASIO buffer at 256 samples and indeed I get as you a 1024 samples buffer in Traktor and, if I click on Audio Settings button in Traktor, I can get make the software crash.
As I do not duplicate this issue on DJControl Instinct or on DJConsole Rmx2, I believe this issue, where Traktor cannot read the ASIO buffer size, is specific to Universal DJ, so I send the message to Hercules driver team so that they work on it.