another firmware bi...

Notifications
Clear all

another firmware bin request (4-mx)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
this is a straight forward request for the firmware update for the mx-4.
background:

i bought a *faulty* hercules 4mx controller on ebay
i am determined to get it working (somehow!) 
the person who sold it said it used to work >> after software update it stopped working 
apart from that, i have no more information
i will assume they attempted firmware update and it failed? 

to begin, i went through the set-up instructions in the manual, using the original cd
(acer 5633 wlmi, windows 7, intel core 2 duo, 4gb, usb 2.0) 
windows made a sound when the controller was attached but nothing else happened  
the controller is not recognised/listed in device manager 
windows does not make a sound when the controller is unplugged 
the controller does not light up when plugged in to laptop 
herculesmix series tray agent has red x even when controller is plugged in 
i tried plugging the controller into a usb power supply to see if it would light up – nothing happened (this could indicate its fried?)
i rebooted laptop with the controller attached and got a bios error - 0701 usb over current on hc/port:xxxxx 
unplugging controller and rebooting fixed the previous issue
i ran the software update which updated the driver to djherculesmix drivers v.1.hdjs.2020 
this hasn’t had any effect

when i switch the herculesmix series control panel to the ‘about’ tab, the entire box disappears from the screen but is still loaded in the background

i have to kill it from the task manager to get it to reload and appear on-screen

this is likely to be a software issue as it happens when the controller is not attached

i think i should attempt programming the eeprom manually, so i will order a ch341a eeprom programmer today and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow
i will need the firmware binary if this is still available
Topic starter

Although I am initially trying to get the controller working on an Acer 5633WLMi T7600 4GB Intel Core 2 Duo Windows 7 64bit 4x USB 2.0, Ideally, I want it to work on a HP 15-P165SA i3-4030U 8GB Windows 10 Pro 64bit which has 1x USB 2.0 & 2x USB 3.0 ports. If this makes a difference with the firmware then I prefer to set up in Windows 10, USB 2.0.

Even though Windows 10 didn’t react when I plugged the controller into the HP, I will try installing the CD in compatibility mode to see what happens 

I went through the process and I get the same results as Windows 7 (nothing)

I think doing the firmware update should be my next step 

What do you reckon? 

Hello progress_two,

I have sent you the .bin file address in the internal messaging system, please download it now as the website removes it after 1 week.

Good luck  

Topic starter

Many Thanks

Downloaded and saved.
I hope to resolve my controller problems tomorrow.

Best regards
P

Topic starter

Hello. Did you have any success with this? I'm also looking for the .bin file for this same controller.
Do you have it and can you share it with me? 
Also, if you have the procedure for the reprogramming progress that'd be appreciated.