Notifications
Clear all

dj console 4 mx no sound out of headphoones

11 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
i have recently gotten my decks out again. i am on a microsoft surface pro and i want the sound of the playing coming of these speakers and the cue to be in my headphones. i have installed the drivers. i have changed the settings on virtual dj so that it is 3/4. i have plugged into both jacks and nothing. i have no idea. help?

Hello,

A) if you use Virtual DJ 8 Pro, then, to listen to the master in Surface Pro speakers while previewing in DJ Console 4-Mx headphones output, you can process as follows:
In VirtualDJ 8 Pro, go in Settings > Audio, and select 2 sound cards
- Master:  Surface Pro Built in sound card
- Headphones: DJ Console 4-Mx Output 3-4 

B) If you use VirtualDJ 7,
- Run DJ Console 4-Mx 4-Mx control panel, go to the Advanced tab, and change "Headphones channel", from "3-4 (default)" to 1-2, and set DJConsole 4-Mx in WDM,
- Then install ASIO4All, and create an aggregate Audio device in Asio4All gathering your Surface Pro sound and the DJConsole 4-Mx audio device,
- then run VirtualDJ 7, and select Asio4All as audio device, and activate Master and headphones.

PS: you must always precise the version of Windows and the version of the software you use when you meet a technical problem. If you do not precise this information, you cannot be helped by forum, 

Topic starter

hi,
i have gone over to the latest Djuced. I still have no sound. i now have an rca cable running into an aux cable into a speaker but no sound. No sound out of my headphone either. I am using windows 10. HELP! i dont get why there is no sound coming from this

Topic starter

help???

Can you detail the configuration you used in Settings > Audio for DJCUED ?

Hello,
Djuced 5 Audio settings include an option "Send Master to computer speakers", so you can forget my suggestion to play channel 1-2 in headphones to use ASIO4All.
1) Set your DJ Console 4-Mx in WDM (Wasapi) in Hercules control panel
2) Run Djuced, go in Djuced Settings > Audio
- As Audio device, select: Speakers (Hercules DJ Console 4Mx)(WASAPI)
- As Master, select Outputs 1&2
- As Headphones, select Output 3&4
And in the option "Send Master to computer speakers", select your computer built-in sound card.
Topic starter

hi. i have done this. i hear the tiniest of sounds in my headphone when i scratch on the deck that i am cuing, but no other sounds. any ideas? i have tried different headphones. 
i have uninstalled the drivers etc. and reinstalled. all settings are like the below.

Hi,

Please confirm you connect your headphones either on one of DJ Console 4-Mx headphones output (front or top) and that you do not let anything connected in the other headphones plug.  

Topic starter

confirmed. it is extremely weird. i hear the tinest of sounds now when i scratch the other deck. 

Hello,

Please
1) check Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx control panel > Advanced tab > "Headphones channel" : make sure it is set on "3-4"(default).

2) try placing a USB hub with a power adapter between your computer and the DJ controller: the issue you describe may come from a low power of the USB bus.
3) Make sure DJ Console 4-Mx Cue to Mix rotary potentiometer is set on Cue.
4) In Djuced > Settings > Audio, disable the Inputs in clicking on the - button at the end of the "Deck 1" "Inputs 1&2" line, and in clicking on the "Deck 2" "Inputs 3&4" line, to reduce the power consumption.

Please precise the brand and model of headphones.

Topic starter

Hello,
 i just purchased impulse 200. i cant hear the audio when i press the cue button on the console. only the side- the fader is on, plays through cue button in my headphones.i cant hear deck 2 on my headphones on the cue untill i switch the fader to that side. i am unsure if this is a defect or there are settings i can change for this one. The product is still under replacement.So need help urgently.
i am using djuced version 5.0.5

Hello AVI110,

Welcome on the forum.

Please confirm

1) you have set Djuced 5 audio as follows (in DJUCED > Settings > Audio)

Audio device: DJControl Inpulse 200 ASIO (ASIO)

Output
Master: Outputs 1&2
Headphones: Outputs 3&4

2) you connect your headphones to DJControl Inpulse  200 headphones output, on front of the controller.