dynamic headphone s...

Notifications
Clear all

dynamic headphone switching

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi. i have an old version of hercules mk2 and vdj. worked perfectly until this eve. i noticed that the headphone is not playing the last song loaded only. both songs play on mix and split. nothing on a or b.

dont know what changed.

you guys are amazing here, can someone smarter than me suggest what might have happened and how to get it back.

im using an old dell laptop
actually running vista. my console is connected via usb and im using 1/2 for output to speakers

thanks

Hello Ket,

On  DJ Console Mk2
- Split and Mix position for the headphones output mix in hardware mix the streaming played on audio output 1-2 (so it not software dependent),
- Deck A and Deck B positions for the headphones output play the software streaming defined as output 3-4
so in my opinion, you should check in VirtualDJ > Config> Audio Settings if you have assigned DJ Console Mk2 Output 3&4 to headphones output.

Please precise which version of VirtualDJ you use.
In recent releases of VirtualDJ, as VirtualDJ 6 & higher, the deck A / deck B selection no longer plays deck A & deck B by default, it plays instead the preview if the switch is set on the position Deck A, whatever the deck you preview in VirtualDJ.

I cannot test in Vista, I no longer have Vista (and I hated every single minute I spent with this sluggish and paranoiac operating system).

Topic starter

I'm embarrassed to say but I'm using version 3.4. I can't upgrade because as you said Vista is limited. 
I tried upgrading to the new version 7 but my console will not work because my other laptop is only using  USB 3  while the console uses the USB 2 so I'm stuck on this old computer unless I want to go out and buy new equipment. I'm just a casual user so didnt need to do it.

Hello Ket,

DJ Console Mk2 is supported on USB 3 ports, but you must to upgrade its firmware, which requires a USB hub powered by a power adapter. I have firmware 1.1.7.16 on my DJ Console Mk2, and it works on USB 3 ports.

I will try if I can install a VirtualDJ release 3 on a PC, to check the setting.

Hello Ket,

I cannot run the test as when I install VirtualDJ 3.4 DJC on my Windows 10 PC, the installation seems OK, I can type my VDJ DJC serial number, but then VirtualDJ DJC 3.4 refuses to run as it says it does not detect the DJ controller (which is connected as works OK).

Do you use VirtualDJ 3.4 DJC or do you use a pro version?

Topic starter

Happy happy...didn't solve the problem on my Vista but did with the new system that only has usb3.
I had to set the system in test mode. This allowed windows to accept all drivers and allows USB 3 to run anything attached to it. Works perfectly and now I can use the latest vdj. If anyone else has USB 3. Issues with old mixers just let me know and I'll be happy to send the link with how to put your system into test mode. 
On a side note, this is hands down the best forum I have ever been on. Love the community.

Hello,

1) I am happy your DJ Console Mk2 works on your USB 3, but I do not know why you had to run in test mode: on my USB 3 PC, I had no problem using DJ Console Mk2, I just replaced the long USB 2 cable included with DJ Console Mk2 by a shorter USB 2 cable (3"=1m long) to avoid USB timing issues (I did the same with all USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 device with a fixed clock: USB headphones, USb sound box, USB webcams) as some USB 3 prts are less tolerant than USB 2 ports.

2) Thanks for the side note on the forum.