Notifications
Clear all

4mx - faders acting wierd...

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hello all - 

i dug out my 4mx the other day and i notice that the main fader for decks a and c  (vol left deck)   seems to have adopted a curve to its function... i..e it is not linear as i move it upwards... it is quiet until about 75% then it increases far more quickly...?   

the fader for the right deck seems to operate in a linear fashion....

this makes it difficult to ensure volume output levels are conisentent between decks when mixing....

(ive tested it with the same track running on both decks and the trim set the same...   the overall out put is similar for the first 15% of so of travel - then the left deck stays quieter up to about 75% in comparison to the right deck - then by 100% they are the same again...   its pretty annoying !! )

anyone else had this - how did you fix it - or what reccomendations to fix....   ive had a poke around the settings etc - and i can see you can change the crossfader curve... but not seen anything that lets you change the curve for the main volume faders??

pls help ! 

Hello DJtayla,

I see 3 possible origins for this issue:

1 - Software setting: if your software is not VirtualDJ, the software may have assigned different curves on the 2 volume faders / if the software is VirtualDJ, its volume fader curve setting is the same for all volume faders, so as you meet this issue in VirtualDJ, it is not a software setting

2 - dust of the volume fader taper: if you stored DJConsole 4-Mx in an dusty area, some dust may have fallen on the taper of the volume fader and cause this issue, and it may be solved in blowing in the fader (without touching the taper) with an Air Blower.

3 - damaged volume fader: if there was some weight over the fader it is the most likely solution. The solution would be to change the volume fader, which can be bought to Hercules technical support. They can be joined by phone or by electronic mail.

Topic starter

Hi - so YES - am using Virtual DJ - so not a sotware issue it seems.
Ill try the Air blower option....
if it is the fader itself....  boo.  Its an old unit now so will not be in support and i am guessing spares / repair will not be cheap.

THANKS for the reply !
d

Hello djtayla,

I do not think the replacement fader is expensive.
Once you get it, you must :
- disassemble the DJ Console 4-Mx,
- unsolder the volume fader from the printed circuit board,
- solder the replacement fader,
- reassemble the DJ Console 4-Mx.

If you are at ease with soldering/unsoldering, it is easy, the longest work is to reassemble the console.
Itf you are not at ease, you may ask an electronic repair to do it for you: for me, it takes below 30 minutes.