knob problem with d...

Notifications
Clear all

knob problem with dj control instinct

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my knobs are not working with the normal values. ive already checked in midi monitor and other computers. anyone can help me?

Hello,

As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (do you use last package, 2016_HDJS_1), version of DJ software.

Also, please describe exactly your problem: as we do not see your computer we cannot know which button you talk about, and which value you mean.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

Topic starter

I have filled my profile now.
The problem is that some of the eq knobs doesn't show the correct value. For example, when treble is 0%, it shows 44% on Traktor.
I've already tested with VirtualDJ, with another PC and the problem persists .

Topic starter

Hello,

As you meet any technical problem, please fill your profile in clicking on "My Space"> "My Profile"
http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/account/informations/
You have 3 fields to list your equipment:
- In "Hercules equipment in use", please check your Dj controller,
- In "Software in use", check your DJ software,
- In "Describe your equipment": describe your computer brand and model, CPU, quantity of RAM, version of Windows or Mac OS, version of DJConsole Series driver package (do you use last package, 2016_HDJS_1), version of DJ software.

Also, please describe exactly your problem: as we do not see your computer we cannot know which button you talk about, and which value you mean.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Tableau Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}

I have the same problem as this guy  http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/en-hardware/007926/

Hello,

Please precise which knobs is not well calibrated, and the value you get in midi monitor.
If your DJControl Instinct knobs were well set, you should get, in MIDI monitor, at the central position:

Deck A
Treble = Control change 55 64
Medium = Control change 56 64
Bass = Control change 57 64

Deck B
Treble = Control change 60 64
Medium = Control change 61 64
Bass = Control change 62 64

Topic starter

Hello,
i am also facing the same issue with all Treble, Med and Bass knobs. please let me know how this issue can be resolved.

Suggest me any service center in Chennai. Even with cross fader...

-
Vinodh Pandian

Hello vino23,
Please detail precisely your issue: do not just write your have the same problem as someone else:
- to be able to understand your problem, one has to duplicate your settings,
- so if you do not describe exactly your settings, one cannot duplicate your problem and then one cannot see what you mean.
Do not consider your problem is known just because you have the same symptom as someone else:
- if this other person did not describe in detail his/her computer and and DJ controllers and DJ software settings, the problem of this other person is not known,,
- having the same symptom does not mean the problem is is the same.
1)  What is your version of Windows or macOS? What are your Hercules DJ drivers?

The last drivers are on https://support.hercules.com/en/product/universaldj-en/ , for mac last drivers are 5.99s, for Windows last drivers are 2018_HDJS_1.
2) Please confirm you meet the DJ controller on which you meet an issue is Universal DJ.

3) Please use an program to monitor the MIDI commands sent by your DJ controller.
- If you are on mac, I suggest you use an app as MIDI Loupe to monitor the MIDI commands.
- If you are on Windows, you may use MIDI OX (terribly complicated)  or MIDI Layer (not so crappy).
The MIDI commands you should see on Universal DJ EQ buttons are are follows
CC = Control change
Deck A
- Treble: Minimum = CC 59 0   / Middle =  CC 59 64  / Maximum = CC 59 127
- Medium: Minimum = CC 60 0   / Middle =  CC 61 64  / Maximum = CC 61 127
- Bass: Minimum = CC 61 0   / Middle =  CC 61 64  / Maximum = CC 61 127
Deck B
- Treble: Minimum = CC 62 0   / Middle =  CC 62 64  / Maximum = CC 62 127
- Medium: Minimum = CC 63 0   / Middle =  CC 63 64  / Maximum = CC 63 127
- Bass: Minimum = CC 64 0   / Middle =  CC 64 64  / Maximum = CC 64 127
Crossfader: Minimum = CC 65 0   / Middle =  CC 65 64  / Maximum = CC 65 127