SPARTE >FOREN UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > my prexiting effects on VDJ pro infinity don't work on instinct p8
Zurück zu den Themen ANTWORT

my prexiting effects on VDJ pro infinity don't work on instinct p8

kbkapur

2 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 10/28/18 an 15:21:02
India
 , Hi , i am absolutely new to Hercules Instinct  p8 it's my first trial Hercules controller, i have used Numark mix trak 3 with my VDJ 8 pro infinity,  worked seamlessly with VDJ8
but since i needed small portable  controller and i found Instinct p8 a small package with most of the stuff I need   so i started  using instinct p8 just for beginning 
but strangely some of the effects on my virtual DJ 8 don't work if i use my instinct p8 to activate them ie  flanger Slicer, echo, echo-doppler metal. ect .... while some effects as loop roll and few others  work ,  these effects were working with my earlier controllers, and also work alright if i use my VDJ8  solo from just my  laptop without the Instinct p8 controller 

User Experience Team

682 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 10/29/18 an 10:22:48
Canada
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello kbkapur,

Welcome on the forum.

Please precise what is your version of VDJ 8 Pro, your operating system, where you load the effects and how you try to use them.
For example, when I use VDJ 8 b4592 on a Windows 10 PC, I load the effects
- flanger on pad 1,
- echo on pad 2,
and when I press the pad, the pad blinks and the effect is processed and hearable in both the preview and the master output.

I have added the echodoppler from the VDJ add-ons and it is very hearable when I use it assigned to pad 3.

For the slicer effect, just activating the slicer without doing anything more does nothing, as explained here, the way to use it is:
1) when you see Slicer in the list of effects, click on the gear wheel on the right of the Slicer text to display Slicer controls
2) you then see the slicer controls on right side of the browser (2 rotary controls for step size and length, in beats, 8 pads, lock and video)
3) when you activate the slicer, you see the pad of the playing beat changing
4) if you press on one of the 8 pads (on screen) you hear the beat it represents while keeping on playing the song: it is the slicer effect. DJControl Instinct pads do not control the 8 pads inside the slicer, they just control the on/off controler of the slicer.

kbkapur

2 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 10/30/18 an 17:20:07
India
Hi thanks for a prompt reply
 i am using Virtual Dj pro infinity, ,on windows 10 64 bit, for example, when I use VDJ 8  pro infinity  on a Windows 10 PC,  for example I load the effects  for example with my instinct p8
effect- flanger on pad 1, 
effect- echo on pad 2,
and when I press that respective pad on my p8, the pad even blinks and the effect is processed and it shines up on the Pc screen  too, but still, i don't hear the effect on the track and it's neither hearable in both the preview and the master output both.

this happens especially with most of the effects ie.Flanger, Beat crush, phase, and gate etc, even if the pad blinks and the screen also shows the effect high lighted,  but I still don't hear these above effects when using my Hercules p8
( but I am able to hear them if I use my Numark and M audio dj controllers)
one more strange thing is, that just a  few of the effects, still work with my Hercules p8.. ie , beat grid, flipping doubles 

similarly, all effects also work normally if i i use just the laptop without the p8 controller i can hear the effects that i have activated.
  the problem is that its only with my Hercules P8 thy don't work  :-(
 i bought this portable controller to carry in my laptop bag. but now i can't seem to use it on VDJ which i use very frequently.
please help thanks in advance

User Experience Team

682 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 10/31/18 an 10:29:15
Canada
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
Hello Kbkapur,

If you cannot hear come effects in VirtualDJ 8, it probably means these effects are not adjusted as you wish.
Please check in VirtualDJ 8 effect settings, the position of the gradual knobs of VirtualDJ 8 effect menu when DJControl Instinct P8 is connected to your PC.