SPARTE >FOREN UK/US> FIRST STEP IN COMPUTER DJING > [SOLVED] Hercules Control Instinct Gain volume question.
Zurück zu den Themen ANTWORT

[SOLVED] Hercules Control Instinct Gain volume question.

Numptybuttkick

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/22/13 an 03:21:23
UK
Hi guys,

First off, loving the new Hercules controller bought yesterday, finally entered the world of mp3 mixing after YEARS away from DJing.

Back then mp3s didnt exist and i was only using vinyl and my good old 1210. I was abit nervous to make the move over to digital, but im loving the new controller.

My question is this, i the gains are on the djuiced software rather than the controller itself in this case, im fine with that, however I'm wondering if there is a notification anywhere on the software measuring how loud the gain is set to? Like in decibels etc?

Obviously some tracks arent at the same volume and rather than fiddling with the gains and listening through the headphones im wondering if theres just a display where i can match the 2 gain volumes up?

Regards

Butt 

DJ Phatso

4059 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/23/13 an 15:19:28
Canada
  • DJControl Instinct P8
  • P32 DJ
  • DJControl Jogvision
  • Universal DJ
  • DJConsole RMX2
  • DJControl Compact
  • DJControl Air+
  • DJControl Instinct
  • DJ Console 4-Mx
  • DJ 4Set
  • DJ Console Rmx
  • DJ Control AIR
  • DJControl Glow
  • Deejay Trim 4&6
  • Djuced®
  • VirtualDJ®
  • Serato®
  • Traktor®
  • Ableton Live®
There is currently no specific display of the actual gain in DJUCED (this might be added in a future update), but if 2 tracks with different gains are loaded, the Gain "knob" would move accordingly, giving you a visual reference.

However, if you want to free you mind of potential problems caused by differences in level, I would sugest using a software like MP3Gain:

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

The Phat one!

Hercules DJ Forum Team

Numptybuttkick

12 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 07/23/13 an 15:53:53
UK
That is spot on chap thank you very much :)

Some of my mp3 have bitrates all over the place so it was a concern :P

Regards

Butt 

Mellow-D

1 Nachrichten
Eingestellt von 08/27/17 an 15:27:49
UK
Not a numpty question at all buddy, as I played about with mine for 10 mins or so and had exactly the same question. Issue for me is a lot of the stuff I like is pretty much promotional, and as you no doubt know the sound notoriously dodgy on many of these widely played but unsanctioned tracks.

Many thanks, as your question/response presented me with an obvious solution.

I would imagine it's an automated gain leveller, and I would have suggested what P32 intimates, by way of simply being able to use the up/down navigation slide when the respective gain is clicked with the 'pointer' , would be easy to add, as you may have noticed when you click on the left or right gain buttons with the 'mouse pointer' the selected gain 'is' isolated, but turning it up or down with the mouse is nippy as ....

Cheers again