Notifications
Clear all

hercules rmx + source buttons + software

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,
im desperatly trying to use the 2 external line-in interfaces ... the source buttons on the hercules rmx. software: mixxx 1.10.0 if i try to create a new midi maping for the source button (manual says it must be the midi note 0x13) i cant find the element for external input (like e.g. filterhighkill for the kill switch).

does anyone know a solution? or do i have to use an other software?

the most important thing for me is to connect two devices to line-in 1-2 and line-in 3-4: a tenori-on and an ipad. do you know, wich software is the best (and easiest) to do this?

thanks,
copyriddler

p.s.: i bought the rmx used, with virtualdj on cd, but without the serialnumber)

I would probably confirm this on the their forum, but I believe MIXX can currently only use audio inputs for vinyl control and microphone in streaming mode. It would then not be possible to "mix" external sources.

As for other softwares, it really depends on your style and needs. Beside using those 2 audio sources, give us a few details of what you are thinking of doing.

Topic starter

Thank you Phatso,

what I actualy whant to do is connect a yamaha tenori-on and a iPad (with a drum computer app) with the Hercules RMX...
to mix, record (with the pc) an hear the sound in the speakers, which are connected to the output of the RMX.

I currently try to run it with the Traktor 1.27 trial and think about to buy traktor duo 2.

Thanks,
coppyriddler

Either versions of Traktor will allow you to use input as source.

The configuration files available on the Support site actually make use of the Sources buttons to switch between internal and external playback. A PDF file also explains how to configure the audio section.

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=5